January 7, 2014

Wooden Letter on Chevron Canvas

Chevron, chevron, chevron! This is one of the hottest trends when dealing with patterns nowadays. And of course, I love it too! I love it so much that I made this 16x20inch canvas shown above for my boyfriends house and another one for my house! First, I taped of the pattern with blue painters tape. Then I mixed up two different paint colors for every other even stripe. I let that dry and then took off the tape, leaving a white chevron stripe below. I then got a wooden letter and painted that, and then adhered it to the canvas with wood glue. It worked like a charm! This cute piece for the wall doesn't take much time at all. Actually, the longest part was taping off the stripes! You can do this with any letter or combination of letters. I just happened to choose an initial from my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment